Date of Last Update: November 16, 2018
Aimstar Games, Inc. (“Aimstar”) respects your concerns about privacy. The terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Aimstar. We want you to understand the types of information we collect, how we use that information, how we secure it, and whether we share it.
The controller of your information under this policy is Aimstar Games, Inc., located at 707 Malone St., Houston, Texas 77077, U.S.A. Please contact the controller for any questions at [email protected]
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE
We only collect, use, share, store, or otherwise process your Personal Information when we have an appropriate basis. For example, we may process your Personal Information as necessary to provide services that are subject to terms you have accepted, such as our end user license agreements or service terms and conditions. We may process your Personal Information when necessary to comply with legal obligations or for purposes of pursuing legitimate interests, if doing so is consistent with your rights and appropriate to the context, such as providing services, addressing game performance, fixing bugs, performing internal analytics, and conducting reasonable monitoring of your use of our services to prevent misuse of our services and fraud. Additionally, we may, in certain cases, ask you for your consent for certain processing of your Personal Information.
We generally collect or receive information in three ways: (1) you voluntarily provide information to us, such as by creating an account, making purchases, or signing up for email alerts; (2) we collect information automatically, such as through cookies or our games and other software; and (3) other parties, such as social networks, may provide information to us. Each of these methods is described in more detail below.
Information You Voluntarily Provide
You may provide your Personal Information to us when you choose to use our website, games, game engines, or applications. Because we change our offerings and features from time to time, the options you have to provide us with information also may change. The following are some examples of situations in which you may provide information to us:
- Creating an account to use our website, online services, software, or applications;
- Licensing and downloading our games or game engines;
- Using a social feature of our games or applications;
- Purchasing something from us or otherwise engaging in a transaction with us;
- Entering online competitions or registering for or participating in special events;
- Entering contests or sweepstakes, participating in any of our promotions, or accepting any prizes from us;
- Signing up for email alerts or subscribing to receive other information from us;
- Completing a survey;
- Using a mobile device, such as a phone, to play our games or use our applications;
- Contacting us for any reason, such as by email, including for technical support or customer service.
The Personal Information we collect from you will vary depending on the services you are using, the website you are visiting, and how you access those services and the website. The information you provide to us may include your name, your display name, and your email address(es). If you choose to make a purchase, we will collect payment information such as your card’s account number and expiration date. Sometimes we ask for your phone number, your postal address, your billing address, your date of birth, and your gender.
Information Collected Automatically
We collect some information automatically when you visit our website or use our games, game engines, and applications. If a combination of information that we collect does identify you as an individual, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information. We typically aggregate the data that we collect automatically and use it in statistical form to determine trends among groups of users, rather than using it to identify individuals.
We collect information automatically through technologies such as web browsers, cookies, log files, web beacons, and our back-end servers collect usage data transmitted from our games and other software. We use the information for purposes such as modifying or improving features, managing advertising, addressing technical issues, preventing fraud or misuse of our services, and conducting data analytics. The type of information that we automatically collect may vary, but generally includes:
- Technical information about your computer, device, hardware, or software you use to access the Internet or our services, such as IP address or other transactional or identifier information for your device (such as device make and model, information about device operating systems and browsers, or other device or system related specifications);
- Usage information and statistics about your interaction with our website, games, game engines, and applications, which may include the URLs of our website that you have visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, platform type, the application you used or the game you played, how long you used or played it and when, and other usage statistics;
- Crash reports, which may be automatically generated when a game or application crashes and includes information about your system and the crash;
- Information that facilitates a safer and more personalized experience, such as your display name or other user identification provided in connection with your application use or game play, saved preferences, game progress, and device identifiers or usage information for authentication and fraud prevention purposes;
- The location of your device, such as may be derived from your device’s IP address.
Please note that if certain features on our website are provided by third parties, those third parties may also use automated means of data collection and may record information about your use of our website or others’ websites over time. These features are subject to those third parties’ privacy notices and policies.
Information Received from Third Parties
Our Games and Applications at Third Party Websites
When you use any Aimstar game, application, or feature at a website not controlled by Aimstar, such as a social network, that website may allow Aimstar access to certain information about you. For example, social networks may provide us with information from your profile on their website such as contact information, demographics, and other information you provided to that website such as your photo, user name, and potentially any and all information that you agreed the social network or other party could provide to us when you use our games and applications.
Use of Social Features of Our Games and Applications
When you choose to use a social feature of our games and applications, you allow Aimstar to receive information about you from social networks. Our social features promote and facilitate interaction among players, such as by allowing you and your friends to work together to meet a shared challenge presented by our game or application. You may be able to use these features to find out if your friends are actively playing the game and using the feature, to find out if they used it in the past, and to invite them to join with you to meet a game challenge.
If you choose to use one of our social features, you may be asked to log into a social network through our game or application. The social network may then provide Aimstar with information such as your social network user ID, your profile picture, and the user IDs and profile pictures of your connections.
Buying Our Games and Applications from Other Parties
We may also receive information about you from the organizations that sell our games or applications, or which provided the gaming system you use. Those parties may provide us with information regarding your account or registration, but they do not give us your payment information. Because those organizations determine what information they will collect from you, it may vary according to their services, but it is likely to include information such as your name, email address, user ID, location, and date of birth.
Use of Our Games that Contain or Require Anti-Cheat Services from Other Parties
Certain of our games contain or require third party anti-cheat services. These services may collect and analyze data about the game binary or your computer to detect cheating and may share some of this information with us. However, these anti-cheat service providers perform anti-cheat analysis independently of Aimstar and therefore are independent controllers of the data that they collect from you. If cheating is detected, these service providers will provide information to Aimstar that is necessary to identify the relevant account. In addition, the service providers may make available to Aimstar information to evidence the detected cheating.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
As a general matter, we use your information to provide the services, experiences, merchandise, or information you request. We also may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- For our legitimate interests, consistent with your rights and preferences, we use Personal Information:
- To communicate with you, respond to your requests, or provide you with updates and information;
- To better understand our users, their interests, and their preferences;
- To personalize your experience, save your preferences, authenticate our users, and provide similar user-experience features;
- To develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, and other offerings;
- To manage and customize advertisements or promotional offers;
- For security purposes;
- For internal purposes such as auditing and data analysis.
- To provide services that are subject to terms you have accepted, such as enforcing our licenses, agreements, and terms of service, which may include reasonable monitoring to detect and prevent misuse or fraud and to keep our games fair for all users.
- To the extent you give consent, such as when we would like to process your personal information for a purpose that would otherwise be incompatible with this policy.
- To comply with legal obligations.
We also will share information with service providers that perform services on our behalf and under our instructions. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the Personal Information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We also may share certain limited information, such as device identifiers, with advertisers and other marketing partners for purposes of gauging the effectiveness of advertising and other marketing strategies.
We may share Personal Information about you with your social network contacts when you and they use the same social features of our games and applications.
We may also disclose Personal Information about you: (i) if we are required to do so by law, legal process, or a reasonable request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials; (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (iii) if necessary to protect the vital interests of another individual (such as to prevent death, bodily harm, or serious damage to property). We reserve the right to transfer Personal Information about our users in the event we sell or transfer all or substantially all our business or assets.
We generally only ask you for Personal information that is necessary to provide the services you request. You can choose not to give us the Personal Information we request. However, in some cases, if you decide not to provide the Personal Information we request, we will not be able to provide the game, application, service, information, or features you requested.
Other examples of your choices include:
- You can browse our website without providing any Personal Information. We may collect some limited information automatically, as described above.
- You may opt out of receiving our messages at any time by using the opt-out mechanism provided in the message.
- You can change your privacy settings on other parties’ websites, such as social networks, which will stop or limit our receipt of information from those other websites. You also may choose not to use social features we make available. If you choose to use these features, you should refrain from posting Personal Information that will be visible to others, such as including your email address in a forum or during a chat.
- You may change your browser settings or take other steps to block, manage, or delete cookies. In some cases, blocking or disabling cookies may cause our website, games, and applications not to work as intended and some features may not be available.
- You can limit interest-based advertising by opting out at www.aboutads.info/choices or www.networkadvertising.org/choices. If you are located in Europe, more information is available at www.youronlinechoices.eu.
You may also exercise and amend your choices by sending an email to us as detailed in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We provide you with the ability to request access to and correct your Personal Information. You can update your account information any time through our website. If you would like to request access to or correct your Personal Information, please submit your request by sending an email to the address specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Please include your name, email address, and postal address in your request, and describe specifically the information that you would like to access or correct so that we may respond appropriately and promptly.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Information from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use and other unlawful forms of processing. In some cases, your information is accessible when you log into a feature we offer, and in those cases you need to keep your user credentials and password confidential and secure so that your information is protected.
PRIVACY OF MINORS
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND ADDITIONAL PRIVACY RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
If you are located in the EU, then you have the right to restrict or object to our processing of your Personal Information. The right to restrict processing arises only in limited circumstances, for example, if you think we are processing inaccurate information. In addition, if we are required to restrict processing but the requirement is temporary, we may not be permanently obligated to adhere to your request. We will, however, let you know when the restriction is lifted. In cases where our basis for processing your Personal Information is the satisfaction of our legitimate interests (e.g., fraud prevention), you may object to our processing. However, we will decline your request if our interest in continuing to process your information is sufficiently compelling to legally override your interest in the request, or our processing is necessary to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim. You also may prevent us from sending direct marketing at any time without limitation. To request a restriction or to object to processing, please submit your request by sending an email to the address specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Similarly, if you are located in the EU, then we will provide you with the ability to request access to and correction or deletion of your Personal Information. If you have an account with us, you can access and update your account information any time by logging into your account through our website. You also may request that we provide you with a copy of your Personal Information or update it or delete it on your behalf. Your right to request access, correction, or deletion is sometimes limited. For example, we will not provide you with access to information that includes Personal Information about another person, and we will keep limited Personal Information notwithstanding a request to delete if necessary for us to establish, exercise, or defend against a legal claim. To request access to or correction or deletion of your Personal Information, please submit your request by sending an email to the address specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Individuals located in the EU also have the right to obtain their Personal Information so they can transfer it to another party, or ask us to do so on their behalf, which we will do when technically feasible. This right is limited, and only arises when our processing of your information is automated and based on your consent or our user agreements and/or terms and conditions. To exercise this right, please submit your request by sending an email to the address specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Via email at: [email protected] or at
Aimstar Games, Inc.
707 Malone St.
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Please include your name, contact information, and the nature of your request so that we can respond appropriately and promptly to your communication.